Thursday, October 29, 2015

Children and Reiki

Children and Reiki

I am so grateful whenever I get a chance to share reiki with children as I always learn so much from them.
One day I had a little boy around 6 years old  come to visit me  in the clinic with his mom for a reiki session. I could see this child had a glow of intense white energy around his head that seemed a little out of balance. His mother started chatting about him and said that the child has seizures and that he was on seizure medication to try and control them. I felt an instant connection to the beautiful soul. She wanted to try something to help him relax and to let go of anxiety and tension. The little boy got up onto the reiki table and immediately began to melt and let go of tension. As he was on the table I could sense and see a lot of energy above his head. I looked above his head and there was a lot of white light cascading down, but it seemed to be unable to be grounded through his head and out through his body, it seemed to accumulate above his head.His body started t become tense and rigid.
His mother said”He is going to have another seizure soon.”
I replied “ok, is it ok for him to be laying down..”
“Yes it may help him to relax.”she said to me.
“Is it ok , if I place my hands on your head.’ I asked the little boy
“Yes, please.”
I placed my hands on his head to help ground some of the excess energy above him. I felt a strong pulling sensation just above his head and then placed my hands on his crown. The child started to yawn away.
“Are you ok.” I asked him
“Yes, I can feel the energy moving in my head, it feels like water dripping down into my head.”
“The reiki energy can feel different for everyone, I am so happy energy is starting to move for you , there was lots of energy  built up around your head.”I said to him.
He opened his eyes and smiled then grasped my hands.
“It is healing energy, my head is feeling more relaxed and it feels warm.” He said to me
“Thanks for letting me know, the reiki energy is helping your energy to balance out and flow more freely.”
The little boy took both my hands and placed them on top of his head. I held them there for about 15 minutes. His head was starting to pulsate with energy. As my hands were on his head I could see the energy flowing down from his head , down his spine and out into the earth. It was so cute, after a few minutes of giving him reiki his body became very relaxed and heavy.
At the end of the reiki session, we had to wake him up. His mother was in tears.
“This was the most relaxed and content I have seen him for a long time”she said
She scooped him up into her arms and said a big thank you.
A few months later her son and herself took a reiki level 1 class together so she could give reiki to him whenever he needed it.
I had tears in my eyes as I was so touched by how relaxed and grounded this child was and what beautiful energy he had.


No comments:

Post a Comment